Hello everyone.

Tom Wheeler

In 1991 I bought a Cannondale EST MTB and have lovingly cared for it with indoor storage for the past 26 years. Annual tuneups, new tires as needed, and frame wax jobs at least once a year. I did replace the Pepperoni fork with Rockshox MAG 21s. I now have reached the state of (MY) age decrepitness where this beautiful bike needs to come off its hanger and be passed on to someone who will take her out into the woods again. I live in very rural Maine, so shipping probably won't be cheap. Should I post it on this site for sale? Early on I discovered that this suspension system works best for riders who weigh over 175 to 180+ pounds which I believe reading, was one of the reasons that it did not achieve much popularity. Of course mountain bikes with prices well over $1000 in 1991 were considered a bit uppity.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Sure wouldn't hurt to post it. What model and size is it? Did you hang on to the original fork? Might fetch more on eBay but there are fees involved there. Check out bikeflights for shipping. It's the cheapest way to ship most any large package, and very easy to use. FedEx is the carrier and will pick the box up for only $5 extra.